"Reality" - Discussion about the HBO Film?

On June 3, 2017, after returning from running errands, 25-year-old Reality Winner (Sydney Sweeney from Euphoria) discovers two FBI agents at her Augusta, Georgia, house. Winner, a yoga instructor and former Air Force member, is interrogated for the next two hours concerning her employment as an intelligence contractor, particularly regarding the possibility that she disclosed a classified document regarding Russian meddling in the 2016 US elections.

4 Likes

Sydney Sweeney and the two major FBI agents were doing such amazing face acting! It was astonishing how claustrophobic and uncomfortable they all made the viewer feel.

I’m glad this story reached a bigger audience; I hadn’t heard of her until the film. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

1 Like

I thought this was fantastic. It was so strange. I thought it was hilarious to watch a movie where the screenplay was an actual recorded transcript. What a gorgeous, individual style. This was fantastic because I also really enjoy espionage and intelligence stuff.

I also thought it was AMAZING how they included the [redacted]. Everything about it seemed so ghostly.

1 Like

Why does it feel like a movie about horrors :scream: that I’m watching?

1 Like

I just finished watching it, and overall, I enjoyed it. I do wish they had focused more on the court case, as the ending felt a bit abrupt, but perhaps that was intentional. I appreciated that they stuck to the transcript for all the dialogue, which made it easy to distinguish between what was real and what wasn’t—something I usually have to spend time figuring out after watching shows or movies like this. I’m not sure I’d recommend it to everyone, but having only vaguely heard of the case before, I thought it did a good job of telling the story.

1 Like