Augmented Reality Glasses with Complex Filters?

Hey folks, I was wondering if there are any augmented reality (AR) glasses that can put filters over reality, kind of like Snapchat filters? For example, making everything brighter, changing everything to shades of a color, or even creating animated effects over real-world objects. And if such glasses don’t exist yet, do you think we’ll ever get to that level someday? Or does anyone know if there’s a company working towards that?

1 Like

I am not aware of glasses with face detection, let alone filters. The Snapchat spectacles are the only device I’m aware of that is (as far as I can tell) compatible with standard Snapchat filters.

But good luck acquiring those. They distributed a few to developers before announcing that there would be no consumer version. I’m not sure why, but I would have bought one of these, even if the field of view is extremely narrow.

The other glasses may be the RayNeo X2, although they are not built-in, but rather available through their SDK. This means you will have to wait for someone to create an app for it. It literally just came out, so don’t hold your breath.

Hey folks, I’ve been curious about whether there are augmented reality (AR) glasses that can apply filters to the real world, similar to Snapchat filters – like making everything brighter, changing colors, or adding animated effects to objects. From what I know, current AR glasses like the Microsoft HoloLens and Magic Leap can overlay digital information and some effects, but not to the extent of full environmental filters yet. However, with advancements in AR technology, I believe we’re on the path to seeing these capabilities soon. Companies like Apple, Facebook, and Google are investing heavily in AR, so it’s likely we’ll see more immersive and creative applications in the near future. Does anyone else have insights or know if a company is working specifically on this?

Leading in Augmented Reality for glasses, we offer the most accurate Virtual Try-On technology, enhancing sales and shopping experiences. Our ultra-realistic 3D renderings boost engagement and online conversions. With 195k+ 3D glasses and HD photos, and precise PD measurement, we ensure a seamless shopping experience. Trusted by 4,000+ global customers and backed by 16 patents. Get top-notch 3D assets and eyewear visuals for improved online sales and social media engagement.